Beatty, NV at the Stagecoach Hotel & Casino
October 23-25, 2015
· GAIN will be picking up the cost of the two night stay for participants. We’ll also be providing food, non-alcoholic drinks, and dessert during our welcome content session on Friday evening between 6pm and 10pm.
· Participants will be responsible for their own transportation and for breakfast (a Denny’s in on property) both mornings and lunch in Death Valley on Saturday.
· Southern Nevada teachers are encouraged to car pool and I’ll do my best to facilitate that process after folks are registered online.
· Northern Nevada teachers – Chris will be driving a van down from a rendezvous point in Reno/Carson on Friday afternoon. He will have to leave no later than 2pm, so if it’s possible for you to get out early or take half of a personal day for this professional development opportunity please consider it.
· One, free NVDOE recertification credit will be offered to those who attend our entire program and complete the subsequent assignment.
· Discover the history of Beatty, NV & Rhyolite, NV and experience the varied landscapes of Death Valley National Park, CA.
· Learn about upcoming GAIN professional development classes and institutes, future outreach activities, and our policy initiatives for 2015-2016.
· Participants will need to register online after September 27th at www.GAINevada.org and also call (you can do so now) to make hotel reservations (775-553-2419) by the deadline of October 9th. Ask for the GAIN block which has 35 rooms available.
Friday, October 23 - 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Topics include Turkey: Culture & Current Events - An Introduction to the History of Beatty & Rhyolite, Nevada - Peruvian Adopt-a-School Program Opportunities
Saturday, October 24 - 8:00am to5:00pm
All-Day Field Class to Death Valley National Park with Chris Ryan
Sunday October 25 – 8:00am to 12:00pm
GAIN Program Updates and a visit to Rhyolite Ghost Town